- 1.8 gallon water tank with 3.7 gallon output per day
- Humidity and mist temperature controls
- Dual mist ultrasonic humidifier disperses cool or warm mist
- Demineralization cartridge with nano-silver technology
- Suitable for rooms up to 600 square feet
The Venta Sonic VS205 Cool and Warm Mist Ultrasonic Room Humidifier features a demineralization cartridge with new nano-silver technology providing microbial protection to help prevent bacterial growth and calcium and lime buildup with no white dust. It uses a high-frequency vibration to generate a micro-fine mist that is then blown into the room by a fan.
As an ultrasonic humidifier, there is no wick like in evaporative humidifiers, which means no moldy odor. Yes, the water tank is difficult to fill as you have to turn it upside down, but the quiet operation of the machine more than makes up for that minor irritation. All humidifiers generate noise of some type, but this one seems to hands-down be the quietest one we’ve reviewed.
Almost all humidifiers are tap water safe; however, the harder your tap water, the more white-dust buildup you will get in the room as well as inside the humidifier. If this happens, simply switch to filtered or distilled water.